Each business day we post links to our favorite news items related to the digital distribution trade, as well as a few tidbits about the assets being distributed. We categorize them accordingly. This is… Pushing Content:
- China is launching a Netflix-like, government run streaming video service.
- Time magazine produced a look back at the 40 year history television censorship.
- Reports are in that Vivendi is looking to sell Activision Blizzard, but they are having a hard time finding a buyer. The timing of the sale coordinates with the recent departure of the company’s CEO.
- Reimagining the retail store for a new generation of shoppers.
- In just under two days of direct-to-consumer, fee-inclusive ticket sales, Louis C.K. sold $4.5 million worth of tickets via his web site. In related news, he has some opinions on the future erm, um, potential of mobile technology.
- House director Greg Yaitanes on applying start-up business savvy to Hollywood production.
- A closer look at the props and prosthetics used on HBO’s Game of Thrones.