Each day we post links to our favorite news items related to the digital distribution trade, as well as a few tidbits about the assets being distributed. We categorize them accordingly. This is… Pushing Content:
- Sony revealed a new line of products and services at this year’s E3 conference including the Wonderbook. Which, it turns out, looks a lot more mundane than what was presented in the promo video. Some critics left feeling underwhelmed by Sony’s offerings.
- Digital music sales are now outpacing physical music sales in the UK.
- A scientific view into the minds of internet trolls.
- The Kindle Fire has experienced a sharp drop in sales and is scoring the comparative lowest on tablet device satisfaction surveys. Perhaps the Kindle Fire is the fruitcake of tablets after all.
- Netflix invests in an in-house Content Delivery Network (CDN).
- Break out the popcorn! The Nicki Minaj vs. Hot 97 battle continues.
- In celebration of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, The Telegraph published a nice roundup of how technology has changed in the past 60 years.
- Is Diablo 3, despite record-breaking initial sales figures, less addictive than Diablo 2? Pretty well laid out argument here.