- Should every social media manager be under 25? Yes, argues a young writer for Nextgen Journal with no experience in the role and still struggling to achieve financial independence from her (clearly over 25) parents.
- Transparency kudos to Nextgen Journal for also posting this well written rebuttal by Mark Story, someone with actual experience in the field.
- Valve’s Gabe Newell has a pretty negative take on Windows 8 and is hedging appropriately.
- Similarly, Fortune outlines their take on the future of videogames and videogame hardware.
- Twitter is targeting big advertisers with a pretty slick pitch deck.
- A look back at a rough year for Netflix.
- More bad news: Consumer Reports released a report detailing customer satisfaction for streaming video services and Netflix was rated very poorly.
- RadioShack is a victim of its own iPhone strategy success.
- Late summer movie preview roundup.
- Summary of great tech gadgets of 2012 thus far. Related: did you know that even the old locker room combination lock has gone digital?
- Kristen Stewart apparently cheated on her boyfriend and Twilight co-star, Robert Pattinson and the entertainment world is all a twitter as a result. More interestingly, did you know that Ms. Stewart is the current highest paid actress in Hollywood?
- Ever wonder about the economics and strategy behind reality television? Gawker released a fascinating Q&A with a reality TV casting producer.
- Similarly, here’s what it takes to become a modern movie star.
- Become the next fashion star with digital textile printing services.