Each business day we post links to our favorite news items related to the digital distribution trade, as well as a few tidbits about the assets being distributed. We categorize them accordingly. This is… Pushing Content:
- 3D minus the glasses is on the horizon.
- Amazon announces the first independently produced shows added to their development lineup. Overseas, their Lovefilm unit is inking big name distribution deals.
- RSA’s SecurID tokens, which are very popular solutions in the enterprise environment, have been hacked by scientists.
- “(If) you’ve got a mobile phone you can make a film, you can enter” says Hugh Jackman of the newly announced NY short film festival that he will be hosting.
- ESPN released NBA Finals viewership data including the statistic that over 300,000 viewers watched across all digital streaming platforms on average- a year over year increase of over 40%.
- Digital performers continue to outperform their human counterparts at the box office.
- Steve Carell makes sense when he says that he has no plans to return to The Office.
- Professional wrestling’s John Cena becomes most popular Make-a-Wish foundation celebrity as he grants his 300th wish to a child in need.